How far is too far for tech?

Crystal

• Community Tech

We see it coming up a lot these days, and it's something we've also seen, read and heard about it fiction down the years, but technology is becoming more and more integrated into our existence, from smart tech to AI to medical devices getting smarter and smarter.  But as this technology starts to mesh with our lives, just how far is too far for us in terms of integration?  Will we soon be at the point of automatons?  Will we start to see automation replace jobs at the next level?  We already have machines building cars, electronics, sports equipment and so on, will technology soon be programming technology?  Do we start looking towards that self-fulfilling prophecy where we create technology to simplify our lives and then technology invariably takes over and possibly even replaces those lives?  Where is the line, as far as you're concerned?

• Like 1

spacer.png

I really don't have a line, the more we invent the better it will be.

When the first Terminator came out most people laughed and said stuff like that won't happen, look where we are.

Detailed Files GIF

• Thanks 1

image.png

• Community Tech
2 hours ago, Jay said:

I really don't have a line, the more we invent the better it will be.

When the first Terminator came out most people laughed and said stuff like that won't happen, look where we are.

Detailed Files GIF

Very true, people never thought AI would happen, but we have that now, too.  Scary how it progresses.

• Like 1

spacer.png

• Community Tech

I’m all for automation and machine learning. I am literally in the career of automating machines, so every new piece of tech is useful to me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would say too far would be when we see robots controlling humans or even having an influence on how we behave around them. That’s when we’ve got to be concerned. Until then, enjoy tech evolve.